Men are not the only creatures interested in building muscle, which is why we have compiled a list of effective female body building tips. It is important that women seek the proper techniques and tips to help them build an adequate amount of muscle before beginning any sort of workout regimen.
Women should especially pay attention to the amount of muscle they have because it can also help them keep fat to a minimum. One pound of muscle burns up to nine times more fat than aerobic activity alone. Having an adequate amount of muscle comes in handy particularly later in life when women become more susceptible to bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
Given below are a list of female bodybuilding tips you will find very useful when trying to build and sustain muscle mass:
1. Always eat before and after a workout. These two meals are called the pre-workout meal and post-workout meal. They are the two most important meals of the day when it comes to the female bodybuilder. They should both consist of an adequate source of protein and carbohydrates. The pre-workout meal should be eaten no more than one hour prior to a workout and the post-workout meal should be eaten no later than 90 minutes after a workout.
2. Of all of the female bodybuilding tips, the one that you should make yourself extremely familiar with is to avoid overdoing it. If you are trying to build muscle, you need to make sure that your total amount of weight lifting time does not exceed 45 minutes of active lifting per session. Anything over that amount will only cause your body to become completely depleted and resort to muscle for energy.
3. The third tip consists of the actual workout that you engage in. You want to be certain that you are challenging yourself at all times. Remember not to overdo it because you do not want to hurt yourself and potentially ruin your chances of excelling. You are the judge of what is comfortable and what is not. If you are straining, then lighten the load. If you are trying to build muscle, you must stay away from doing too many repetitions. Doing too many repetitions will result in more of a cardio-like workout and tone your muscle, not build it. Practice doing no more than about 10 to 12 repetitions per set as well as no more than five sets per exercise. If what you are doing does not feel challenging, boost the weight up a pound or two. Always remember to breath in when lowering the weight as well, and breath out on the way up.
4. The fourth has to do with avoiding the dreaded plateau. When people come to a plateau, they can no longer excel. The only way to get over the hump is to switch up your workout routine. The human body usually comes to a plateau once every five weeks. Once you hit that five-week mark, come up with a new set of exercises.
5. The fifth female bodybuilding tip has to do with another one of the most important aspects of all, resting. This is where the muscle building really comes in. You need to rest each of your muscle groups for at least 48 hours before working them again. Muscles cannot grow when they are constantly being worked; it is only during the recovery process that your muscles experience the most growth.
There are plenty of women who shy away from the weights at the gym because they are scared they will bulk up and lose their feminine appeal. This could not be further from the truth. What makes men bulk up is their higher testosterone levels, which women naturally have less of.
With weight training, women have the ability to appear curvier and transform their entire figure into something much more beautiful than they could have ever imagined. The best part about it all is that lifting weights provides strength, which is something everyone needs.